After becoming a financial planner in 2017, Denisa Petricko took a closer look at her own finances.
“After looking at the breakdowns of how my money was being handled by a larger bank, I realized that I had large sums just sitting in an account accumulating interest — but not for me,” she says in an email. “It was for the banks themselves.”
When she read the online account would collect 1% in interest — for her to keep — she was sold.
The Perks of Opening an Account With Aspiration
This online-only account comes with a debit card, so you can easily access your money when you need it. Here’s what else you get:
- As we mentioned in our Aspiration review, Aspiration is a do-good company, focusing on what’s best for you and the planet. You can even track the impact of your spending based on the retailers you frequent.
- It allows you to choose what you pay each month — even if that’s $0. Additionally, there are no sneaky fees. There’s no minimum balance and no minimum monthly deposit. Plus, you can open an account with just $10.
- You can travel without facing insane ATM fees. In fact, ATM fees across the world are 100% refundable. Aspiration automatically reimburses you a couple of days after you’re charged.
- Aspiration has an easy-to-use app and website, making it accessible everywhere there’s cell phone or internet service.
- It offers investment options, including its Redwood Fund and Flagship IRA accounts.
With her old bank, Petricko was lucky to earn 8 cents a month on a $10,000 balance. Now, Aspiration’s high-yield account slides $5 to $10 into her account each month, thanks to those interest rates.
Interested in learning more about the online-only account? Head over to Aspiration.